Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lola Sweet Lola

 This doll is called Lola, after a doll I made for a friend's daughter. She fell in love with her and I thought this was something all young girls should have.

Lola is a rambunctious young girl who likes to go on adventures and act on her own ideas. Shortly before this photo shoot she chose to cut her hair. Her beautiful curls!! As any mother would, I gave her a good scolding, but really what could I do? The photographer was ready to go and as we all know hair takes a very long time to grow. I refuse to tell her, but it's pretty cute and gives her more of a childish charm. 

So on that day she was joined by her friend, Mia. They spent the day playing as the photographer took picture after picture. It was difficult to get many action shots, but you know how kids are. All over the place at the speed of light. I think the two had fun. There was a lovely tea party and outdoor time. They even read a book. :) Well Mia read most of the book to Lola, she's still learning, before Lola went scrambling off.

Photos:
Mia and Lola posing for the camera. 
Lola LOVES tea parties, especially when there's cake involved.

A smile between friends.

Sugar is the best ingredient of life!

 "Oh would you like a spot of tea, dear?"


"Let me help you with that, Miss Lola!"



"Oh that rascally cat with a hat!"




Lola is as cute as can be!She's very cuddly and can be anybody you want. I do take custom orders if you would like her to have a different look for your child.

Standing, she is 15". She comes with the outfit shown. The dress is removable.

The model shown is wearing a pink dress with  high grey boots. My Lola loves her grey boots! They are part of her legs and so cannot be removed. You can request shorter boots or even bare or stocking feet. My Lola was also made with a white undershirt on since she doesn't like the sun to get too much of her skin. She burns easily.

She is made in a smoke-free, but pet friendly environment. The yarn is worsted weight Red Heart Supersaver brand. The eyes are 5/8", smooth black buttons and securely sewn on. Her mouth was embroidered on.

She should be fine in a washer on the Easy/Delicate cycle, but I recommend spot cleaning when possible. Also lets be careful when drying, air drying is probably your safest bet.

When ordering please remember it may take up to a week for me to make your doll and ship it out. Also you must pay me through my Paypal during that time or else it will take longer for me to send it to you. I do not ship unless I have confirmation on payment. My shipping days are Wednesday and Saturday when possible.

I reserve the right to use pictures of your finished dolls in the future for advertising purposes.

If you want a 'hand-written' note from Lola to the recipient, I will gladly include one free of charge. Simply supply the name, age, and message. Age will only be used to determine the style of the message. For example I may use crayon and lots of backwards letters for a five year old, but for a nine year old I may op for curly lettering and a colorful pen.

To purchase please click here.

Her hair is so unruly, especially after her round with  scissors!

She loves to smile.

If you have questions, email me at chloe.gardner78@gmail.com or post a question in the comments below.

Photographer credit goes to Christine Pritchett
Model credit goes to Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment