Saturday, June 21, 2014

New life

I'm currently in the process of painting my living room. When I moved in almost two years ago, I was greeted with cracking white paint on the walls and an orange door. I wasn't in the market for glamor. However, I've been given an opportunity to change up my living space. No longer stuck in suffocating white, I'm relaxing in a light, sage green and wanting to be surrounded by life. Still a couple years away from starting a family, though.





Going with the easier route of decorating my living room with nature. It makes me really excited since I have two DIY ideas that I'm currently working on. One is a daisy chain motif that I saw here. I can see it so plainly hanging over my couch.  My second idea is centered around the yarn wrapped wreaths that are all over Pinterest.

When you have a lot of yarn like me, you constantly think of ways to quickly use up the stash. I've been wanting to make a wreath for the longest time, but haven't really had the inspiration. All the wreaths I've seen are pretty, but not for my home. Since I decided to go with the nature theme, it was easy to come up with what I wanted.

I bought a flora craft wreath at Walmart after my shift and started digging through my stash drawer. I chose a dark brown, light blue, and green. It was fairly easy to get started, however it is time consuming. Speaking in Netflix terms, I was able to make it through an episode of Leverage, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and begin Medium.


I really like how it came out and excited to see my vision enter the 3D world. The base is supposed to represent the sky and a tree. I wrapped another strand of green around the brown part and plan to add small crocheted leaves of the same color. Also adding more embellishments like a bird, sun, and some flowers.

Can't wait till I'm sitting in my perfect living room with my honey bunny. <3 I'm not really sure how to voice my excitement over this in a way that is not happy babbling. This fresh coat of paint has really made my mood soar!

How do you use your crafting/DIY spirit to decorate your home and really make it your space?




No comments:

Post a Comment